JHM is seeking a full-time experienced staff accountant for our tax department. As a rapidly growing, midsize accounting firm in Chattanooga, TN, we combine deep industry experience, comprehensive accounting and advisory services with a strong commitment to personal service. Job responsibilities and qualifications are outlined below.
• Prepare U.S. individual, corporation, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns.
• Assist with tax research and consulting projects.
• Communicate with clients regarding tax return information and status.
• Communicate with Tax Senior, Tax Manager, and Tax Partner on status of projects.
• Become familiar with IRC sections and regulations.
• Remain current with federal and state law changes.
The successful candidate will posses the following basic qualifications:
• 0-3 years of professional experience, preferably in public accounting.
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Advanced degree is a plus.
• Actively working toward CPA certification, if not already obtained
• Excellent project management and analytical skills. Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
• Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.