We realize you’ve received many warnings on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We have reached the point where several states are declaring stay-home warnings. Three weeks ago, this would’ve seemed unfathomable.
At JHM CPAs, the health and safety of our team and our clients are of paramount importance. In light of this, we are implementing several important precautionary steps in line with CDC recommendations in hopes of protecting our staff and clients.
In short, client work will continue during this crisis.
1. Beginning Monday March 24, 2020, the main doors of JHM’s offices at 2215 Olan Mills Drive will remain LOCKED. If you arrive to drop off a package, you will find a Dropbox inside our vestibule. Please place the package in the Dropbox. These will be brought in several times per day and your information will get routed to the proper JHM Team member. A sign on the door will further explain this.
2. If a meeting is critical at JHM offices, you will need to call the JHM Team member and arrange for this. Our main line is 423-756-0052. We are trying to limit meetings to only when necessary and to only 2-3 people max.
3. If hardcopy packages are ready for client pick-up, JHM will plan to mail, courier, or UPS the package based on client preference. In some cases, as necessary, JHM team members will arrange to deliver and meet client personnel. For personal returns, many of these are handled through a secure portal, SafeSend, with no physical document delivery necessary.
4. The April 15, 2020, deadline for individual and corporate returns has now been extended to July 15, for BOTH filing and payment purposes. Unlike past years, you will not see an extension filed. A link to the latest automatic filing legislation, approved March 20, is found here.
5. Calls and emails will continue as always. Work will continue as always.
6. We are encouraging many of our staff to work at home if possible. For over a decade now, JHM has maintained a thorough and secure IT infrastructure, and had processes in place for this need.
We understand these are challenging and uncertain times, but we will get through this time together. We are closely monitoring this rapidly-changing situation and will adjust as needed for the safety of our JHM family and clients.
Please call if questions, or if we can be of assistance at this challenging time. Please monitor our social media accounts for further updates.
Most importantly, Stay Safe!