This Audit Manager role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about auditing and is looking to step into a highly visible role with sophisticated clients. The Manager views the development and training of team members as a very important part of their career and necessary to advance to senior management level positions within the firm.
This role will be responsible for all reimbursement issues and reporting any changes in reimbursement regulations. You must be able to prepare supporting documentation and worksheets to support the preparation and completion of the Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports. You must stay abreast of current Medicare /Medicaid regulation changes and incorporate those into the Cost Reports.
Scope of Work
- Learns and stays abreast of relevant healthcare regulations affecting clients
- Directs middle market engagements and client projects by cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with clients to establish engagement expectations and needs
- Strategizes the engagement process, providing corrective action as necessary and promptly identifying changes in engagement scope
- Identifies the most effective means of meeting engagement objectives, including the use of technology and the right mix of procedures and personnel
- Provides mentorship opportunities to Staff and Senior Accountants as well as seasonal interns
- Ensures all client engagements are completed timely, within budget and with acceptable realization
- Possesses a thorough understanding of technical issues including industry and practice specialty practice standards, and the laws and regulations to identify and provide solutions for complex client issues and problems, as they relate to their functional area of expertise
- Shares in the responsibility for keeping all firm members informed on changes in standards, regulatory requirements, rules and specialized industry laws and regulations
- Works diligently building relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations to continue to foster a long-term partnership between the JHM Audit Department and external clients. High-performing individuals will be alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other JHM service lines
- Adheres to JHM’s defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy, and other regulating bodies as appropriate.